Create Roku account and stream shows, sports channels, live TV, and much more. Your Roku account stores the settings, preferences, information about your Roku device, and the channels you have installed.
Roku keeps updating its customers about offers and other notifications through email, so we recommend to use your valid and regular email ID while creating a Roku account.You can use these steps to create the Roku account quickly:
- Go to my.roku.com/signup
- Fill the required information and choose a secure password, click Continue.
- Add credit/debit card details and click Ok.
That’s it. Indeed it’s a quick process where you need to PLUG your Roku streaming device, Create an Account, and PLAY. However, many users still face problems such as issues in the Roku setup, creating a Roku account,and why Roku requires the payment method to proceed.
If you also have the same queries, then you have landed on the right page. We will cover all the insights about creating a Roku account, and its installation.
Why create Roku account?
The Roku account works as a digital locker room. Hey! No, it doesn’t bank your money;instead, it stores all your Roku settings, purchase history, payment methods, and update preferences.
While creating the Roku account, you can set your login ID (email ID) and password, which you will need to enter every time you access your Roku account. So, keep it secret!
To start streaming the content over the internet, you will need to download the channels such as Roku channel, Apple TV, and BBC iPlayer.
Whether you use Roku streaming player, Roku stick, Roku Ultra, or Roku TV, every device needs to undergo the same process. However, the installation steps may vary as per the Roku player model and its features.
How to Create a Roku Account?
You can create a Roku account before a Roku setup or during the process as well.Below are provided the detailed steps to create the one.
- Open the browser on yourcomputer.
- Now go to my.roku.com/signup webpage.
- You will see a Create your Roku Account page.
- Now enter the First name and Last name under the desired fields.
- Enter your regular email ID.
- Now choose a strong password. And note it down at some secret place.
- ✔mark against the terms and conditions and subscribeto the notifications from Roku.
- ✔mark the box and confirm that you are of 18 years and above age.
- Now tick the box “I am not a robot,” and solve the Captcha puzzle.
- Click Continue.
Now you will be asked to fill the payment details. Don’t worry, as no money deduction will happen from your account; instead, the payment details are needed to buy the paid channels later easily.
After creating an account, you can watch your favorite shows, rent, or buy movies and TV shows. Moreover, you can upgrade your Roku device, avail offers,purchase the accessories, and link multiple devices to the same Roku account.
How to choose the right password?
Choosing the right password means a secured and robust pass code that can avoid any unauthorized access. You need to take care of these pointers before selecting the right one for you.
- The password must be of 8 characters.
- You must include symbols, numbers, and alphabet in your password.
- Do not use the same password for the Roku account and other services. It increases the risk of exposing the password if any of your accounts is compromised.
- Avoid using passwords related tothe date of birth or anniversaries.
- Never use a keyboard pattern password.
- And do not share your password with your friends, relatives or anyone.
Creating a Roku account during activation
If you forgot to create Roku account before setup, then you can create it during the process.Here is how you can do it.
- Setup up your device correctly. Either connect your Roku device directly to the USB slot of your TV or use HDMI cable to connect TV and Roku player. (Depending on your Roku device)
- Install batteries in your Roku remote.
- Make sure to connect your device to the internet.Depending on the model, you can use an Ethernet or wireless connection to access the network.
- Use your Roku remote and virtual keyboard to enter the internet security passcode.
- Immediately after connecting with the internet, your Roku device will automatically update to the latest software.
- On your TV screen,Click Activate Roku. Now note down the Roku activation code displayed on your TV screen.
- Open the web browser on your computer or smartphone and visit roku.com/link.
- Enter the Roku activationcode in the desired field and click Submit.
- Now, if you are not registered with Roku, then you will need to create Roku account.
- Click Create Account and fill all the information, along with payment details. (Refer above section, how to Create a Roku account)
Error in creating a Roku account
Sometimes, you might encounter an error during Roku setup or while creating an account due to technical glitches. Have a look at these few pointers which can help you get rid of such issues.
- Roku is not accepting password: Make sure you are entering an 8 character password after following all the instructions.
- The continue button is not activated: Ensure you have filled all the details and check mark the boxes.
- Could not proceed further after clicking Continue: Check your internet connection and, if possible,try switching to an alternate network connection.
- Error entering the Roku activation code: Enter the code again. If still not accepting, then press * on your Roku remote and get a new code. Again visit the webpage roku.com/link and enter the new code in the desired field.
- The device activation process is stuck at the link code screen: Wait for a few minutes, and if an error 001 displays, then rectify the network connection. Now try the process again.
Nowadays, to set up a streaming device doesn’t require an expert’s help. Instead, you can follow some simple steps, and it’s done. To create Roku account needs an email ID and a few more personal information. You can create an account before device activation or during the process as well.
In this guide, we have covered all the options to activate the Roku player and creating an account. You can also go through the troubleshooting steps, which will help combat the errors during the Roku device setup.