Roku TV has been entertaining us for quite a while, with thousands of shows, live TV and sports channels. All Roku devices come with remote, and before knowing how to connect Roku remote to Roku TV, let’s first grab the knowledge about Roku remote, their types, and features.
Standard or Infra-Red remote (IR Remote)
This Roku remote type uses IR light to work on line-of-sight. It doesn’t require a typical pairing method.
- Point anywhere or Radio frequency remote (RF Remote)
These Roku remotes use RF and do not require line-of-sight. These are theenhanced point anywhere remotes which works with Bluetooth and WiFi Direct.
How to connect Roku Remote IR to TV?
Connecting Roku Infra-Red remote to Roku device requires standard steps:
- Turn on your Roku device and ensure it is connected to your TV.
- Remove the battery compartment door of your Roku remote.
- Insert the AA size battery into the slots. Make sure to push (-) side first into the slot and then fit the batteries completely.
- Now put the battery compartment back to its place and press it until it snaps correctly.
- Now press any button on your remote, it will automatically link Roku remote to the TV.
- Make sure to use your IR remote in line-of-sight of your Roku TV or Roku player so that they can sense each other.
The following are the Roku devices compatible with IR or standard Roku remote.
- Roku HD, LT, XD, and XDS.
- ROKU N1, 1, 2, and 3.
- Roku Express or Express+.
- Roku Premiere, 2HD, XS.
How to Pair Roku Remote RF to TV?
To use a point anywhere type remote, you can connect Roku remote to TV by following these steps.
Turn on your Roku TV.
- Now insert the batteries into the battery compartment of your Roku remote.
- And then Placing the Roku remote near to your Roku TV will pair both of them.
These points anywhere type remotes are compatible with Roku streaming Stick, Roku Ultra, Premiere+, and Streaming Stick+. The critical feature of point anywhere type remotes are:
- Headphone Jack.
- Voice command or control.
- TV On/Off button on Roku remote itself.
- Two game controller buttons.
- Remote location alert.
Roku remote is not functioning
If your Roku remote isn’t functioning or stopped working suddenly then you can try to reset your remote and before that check the below steps:
- Keep your Roku remote close to your Roku TV.
- Remove the battery compartment, check the proper battery installation and close the compartment back again.
- If the light flashes on your Roku device while pressing the button on remote, that indicates remote is good to use.
- If you do not see the flash,you need to Re-pair your Roku remote with the Roku device.
How to Re-pair or Reset your Roku remote?
- Firstly, unplug the power adapter of the Roku device and then reconnect it again.
- Now,wait for the TV screen to appear.
- Further, open the remote battery cover and keep it close to your Roku streaming device.
- Locate the reset button beneath the batteries, press and hold it for 3 seconds, and the pairing light begins to flash.
- Now, wait until the pairing light stops flashing.
- Finally, your remote is ready to use.
How to Unpair the Roku remote?
If your remote is not functioning correctly, then you need to unpair it and then re-pair it again.
- For 5 seconds, press and hold Home,Back&Pairing buttons simultaneously.
- Now the LED light will flash 3 times.
- After that, your Roku remote will be unpaired. Now you can try to re-pair it again by following the process explained in how to connect Roku remote section.
Hopefully, with all these steps, you can successfully connect Roku remote to TV. Whether you have a standard or a point anywhere remote, you can follow the steps explained above and connect it to your Roku device.
If you feel your remote is troubling you, then you may try to remove the batteries or change them. Also, take care of no obstructions between your remote and device. If still, the problem persists, then you will need to contact the Roku.com/link.