Have you got a new Roku Device?
Then, what to wait for, Create Roku Account to stream your favorite shows online, For that, your have to set up Roku with Roku Code Link using Roku.com/link, And search and watch what you feel like to.
Well, Are you enjoying watching streaming channels on your Roku TV?
Has your Roku TV ever turned purple while watching or What if suddenly your Roku screen goes purple?
Yes, this type of Roku HDCP Error can occur.
Now, you would be wondering what exactly Roku HDCP Error is? So, let me clear it with you.
You might have seen or if you haven’t, then you can experience a purple screen on your Roku TV while streaming online through Roku. It normally happens when your Roku streaming player detects that the HDMI linked with your TV or Audio or Video receiver is not supporting the copy and content protection technology.
And this kind of error in your Roku is known as Roku HDCP Error, which you can detect by the display of purple screen on your Roku with a message ‘HDCP Error Detected’.
So, what one should do to fix this Roku HDCP Error?
Disturbance in between your favorite TV series is quite annoying, isn’t it?
So, If you want to be safe of this Roku HDCP Error, or you don’t want to rush over when this kind of error occurs when you have to be prepared for it.
Here are the few simple steps, by which you can fix you Roku HDCP Error and get back to your streaming world of fun and entertainment.
But before that, let me bore you a bit more, by a long technical word like HDCP. So, HDCP stands for ‘High-Bandwidth Digital Content Protection’.
Why ‘Roku HDCP Error’ Occurs?
To solve any problem, we have to get to the base of the problem, from where it had been generated.
There can be two reasons for the occurrence of this HDCP error or Error Code 020.
The First one is the TV or AVR issue.
And the second one is the fault in the HDMI cables or connectors.
Plus it can also occur if you are streaming any other content which does not support the content protection technology of your Roku streaming Device.
Here, we will guide you, so you can be able to resolve a troubleshoot the Roku HDCP Error or HDCP Error Detected issue in your Roku device.
Let’s Resolve your Roku HDCP Error.
Follow these steps, so you can be able to fix your Roku Error by Yourself…
- Is your screen flashing purple? Well, this is due to your try to stream 4k Ultra HD Content. And to fix this out, you have to go through the instructions for ‘Setting up your Roku.com/link player for 4K’.
- Are you still getting the HDCP Error detected message, And a purple screen as well?
- No, need to worry, you are getting in the right direction.
- Now, unplug each end of HDMI cable of your Roku player, TV or AVR.
- ‘Power off’ your TV and unplug the power cord of TV as well.
- Don’t forget to remove the power cord form your Roku player.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes.
- Now, start reconnecting both the ends of HDMI Cable and make sure that each of the cables is connected to the connector and is securely and firmly attached.
- To switch on both your TV and Roku Player, Now you can reconnect the power cord of your TV and Roku Player.
- If you are facing difficulty to switch them on, then press the power button on your Roku TV remote.
- Try to play and view the video again.
- I’m sure now, there would be an HDCP error or purple screen on the TV.
Is it fixed now or the screen is still showing the error?
If Yes, then we can try another method, Let’s give it a try.
- Try different HDMI input or use a different cable in case if it has defected.
- Are you using HDMI witch or AVR? Then try to connect Roku Player with the TV directly.
- You can try another TV or a monitor as well.
- Check Display settings on the Roku player for which you have to select display type under settings.
And For the first time of Roku HDCP Error, ensure that your TV or AVR supports HDCP properly. And If you are still having issues in setting your Roku or any problem related to Roku activation code then be free to contact our Technical Support team for which you can make a call on 1-888-309-0939. we are available 24*7 for you