While you’re working on installing the software updates for Roku for some network connectivity issues or some other reason you may see the Roku error code 005. The process then terminates and you have to start all over again. Roku error code 005 is one of the many errors that are faced by Roku users. There are some basics as well as advanced troubleshooting steps to fix Roku error code 005.
While the basic steps include performing a power cycle of your Roku T.V, removing and then reconnecting the Power Cable, rebooting the router and waiting until the LED lights indicate ready state again, going to the setting of your Roku device and connecting it again to the WiFi network and finally going to roku.com/link and completing the Roku Activation and the Roku software updates too. Unfortunately, sometimes it doesn’t fix the Roku error code 005 entirely. There are some advanced troubleshooting steps to resolve Roku error code 005. Let us discuss them in detail.
Advanced Steps to Resolve Roku Error Code 005-
We have compiled a few of the most advanced troubleshooting actions that you can perform by yourself to fix Roku error code 005 and complete your Roku activation. Understand them in detail and follow them step by step.
Step 1: Using the Ethernet Cable-
The connectivity issue in most of the digital aided devices can be resolved using the Ethernet cable and fortunately, the Roku also has an Ethernet port available. Check the steps below to understand how this works.
- a) Ensure that both your Roku device and the WiFi router are powered on and working properly as well.
- b) Check the condition of your Ether cable. If it’s not in a good condition then get a new Ethernet cable and then attach it to one end to the Roku device and another end to the WiFi- router.
- c) Now check if your Roku is connected to the Internet. If it does then complete your Roku activation and then install updates.
Note: Choosing an Ethernet cable and then getting connected to the WiFi network is the best option.
Step 2: Checking the Roku Server status-
An issue at the Roku server end can cause some temporary problems. It can be either upgrading servers or maintaining their servers. But in both cases, you will not be able to enjoy your streaming. You may see all of these Roku error codes like Roku error code 005, 001, 003, 009, 016, 018, etc. Check the steps below to understand how to work around these.
- a) Testing the online Roku discussion forums to check if other users are getting similar messages or not.
- b) Checking Google to find the latest Roku Server Software updates.
- c) To check the status of the Roku server software; scan the google.
- d) If the problem is at the Roku server’s end then that is something that the world can’t ignore; just wait, you will get the latest software updates for sure.
And under any such circumstance, you are feeling helpless and you can’t do anything to get Roku device back on work. Just sit back and wait until you get services back from the Roku server’s end.
Step 3: Examine Roku Network Settings-
Some specific network security protocol standards put some limitations on Roku devices over connecting to the Internet. You can try changing the contemporary protocol settings and fix Roku error code 005 after Roku activation. To do so, follow these steps:
- a) Access your router’s admin page by putting in the IP address in your address.
- b) Then go to the router’s settings on the web page.
- c) Check your IP address settings. Make sure that it should be identical to your router’s current IP address.
- d) Additionally, check your “Wireless Security”; it should be addressed as WPAK2-PSK (TKIP)
If not then you can give a call at our Roku helpline number 1 888-309-0939. where our experts will guide you through the entire process of Roku activation and also the advanced troubleshooting steps needed to resolve Roku error code 005 and many such errors.